100 Facts Dinosaurs includes key topics about the primeval world in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for kids. An ideal introduction to dinosaur books for kids aged 6–10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Dinosaurs:
• Periods of time such as the Mesozoic Era and which dinosaurs lived at that time
• The first fossils to be discovered and the most famous discovery of all
• How dinosaurs became extinct and what happened next
‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• The name ‘dinosaur’ means ‘terrible lizard’. But dinosaurs weren’t lizards, and not all dinosaurs were terrible!
• Early plant-eating dinosaurs did not eat fruits or grasses – there weren’t any! Instead they ate plants called horsetails, ferns, cycads and conifer trees.
• Diplodocus is also known as ‘old Whip-tail’! It may have swished its long tail so hard and fast that it made an enormous crack like a whip.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
• Make a Troodon mask using stiff card, elastic and coloured pencils
• Speed game: Put these dinosaurs and modern animals in order of top running speed, from slow to fast
• Recreate a meteorite explosion with a bowl of flour, a large pebble and a lamp. The effect of the pebble being thrown into the flour shows how the Sun (lamp) would have become dimmer!
Author: Steve Parker
Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
Format: Paperback with holographic foil
This item is sourced from the UK