100 Facts Great Scientists is the ultimate science book for children! Bursting with exactly 100 amazing facts, fascinating images and fun activities, kids will learn everything they need to know about the greatest minds in science.
100 Facts Great Scientists contains key topics about scientific discoveries and theories with concise numbered facts. Each fact is accompanied by beautiful illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for kids.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Great Scientists:
• The history of science and its religious links
• Famous scientists and their hypotheses such as Isaac Newton and his theory of gravity
• Modern technology and innovations
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• Catholic church leaders were so upset when Galileo said Earth goes around the Sun, they arrested him. He was not officially forgiven until 1992.
• There are thought to be millions of types of bacteria, but no one knew they existed until Leeuwenhoek saw them through his microscope.
• Before people realized how dangerous it was, radium was added to products such as toothpaste and hair cream to give them a healthy glow.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Make a homemade fossil with a shell, some compressed fine sand and plaster or wall filler. Create a mould, pour in the plaster and let it set to create your fossil!
• Quiz question: What is a magnetic field?
• Demonstrate Newton’s Third Law of Motion with marbles or the balls on a pool table
Author: John Farndon
Consultant: Clint Twist
Dimensions: 297 x 228 mm
Format: Paperback with holographic foil
This item is sourced from the UK